Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of Rezidor's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. To read more about the RB programme, please go to www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com.
Our hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organisation, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Here are some of the Responsible Business activities and achievements of this hotel:
- All employees get a 100% training in Responsible Business within first three months of employment
- Smoking Policy (smoking only allowed outside and on two floors with guest rooms.)
- All employees accomplish Fire & First Aid training and training in operating a heart defibrillator.
- HEAM (Hotel Environment Activity Month):
- 2004 - Service dog for handicapped (DKK 80.000)
- 2004 - supported Unicef vaccination campaign in Laos (DKK 200.000)
- 2005 - supported the Danish Psychiatry Fond (DKK 50.000)
- 2005 - supported children with overweight problems (DKK 50.000)
- 2006 - Helping with integration of children with other ethnical backgrounds than Danish
- 2007 – supported the Childhood Foundation (DKK 65.000)
- Collecting money for children in Pakistan through "Save The Children".
- Health Programme:
- All employees are offered free "quit smoking courses".
- There are possibilities to exercise at the job + every year we join the annual DHL 5km race and Frederiksberg Night race 5km.
- The canteen offers a well-balanced daily fare.
- Professional massage is offered at very favorable prices to all employees.
- 2008 – Collecting money for The Childhood foundation.
- Providing food for the homeless twice this year.
- Collecting toys for a local orphanage
- Apprentices from the local council and people who have hard time finding jobs were hired in the firm.